|How to Keep Boats Clean
After Every Sail
- Rinse and hand-wash hull, inside and out.
- Rinse all gear.
- Carefully store gear in gear bag and out of the sun.
Once a Month
- Wash boat thoroughly with biodegradable degreaser and
water and 3m white scrub pad to remove dirt.
- Inspect Boat. Write down "work list" repairs or
- Make repairs.
Once Every Three Months
Clean boat with biodegradable degreaser and 3M scrub pad.
Polish boat with Star-Brite polish with Teflon. www.starbrite.com
Polish mast with Turtle wax car wax.
Inspect all bolts, nuts, lines, tiller, rudder, leeboard and boom carefully for items
that may potentially come apart or break.
Once Every Six Months
- Clean boat thoroughly with biodegradable degreaser to remove wax build-up.
- Remove scuffmarks with acetone solvent.
- Fix dings with West System epoxy resin.
- Re-apply Star-Brite polish with Teflon.